When you have a work related injury and you are unrepresented, there are several things you should keep in mind.
Top 10 List
- Report your injury to your supervisor, foremen or any other designated representative with your employer;
- Seek medical treatment;
- Request the assistance of a QRC to determine if you are a qualified employee for vocational assistance;
- Consult a lawyer if you have questions or if your benefits are discontinued or denied.
- Make sure to keep updated work restrictions;
- Save all important documents including medical records, incident reports, restrictions etc.;
- Submit mileage and out of pocket expenses to the insurer;
- Cooperate with medical treatment and vocational assistance;
- Keep track of job search efforts if you are not working;
- Be honest.
Please remember this list is not comprehensive but highlights some key items you should keep in mind. Please remember to consult with an attorney if you have questions.
If you have questions concerning your Minnesota workers’ compensation case, we at The Law Office of Thomas Mottaz are workers’ compensation attorneys willing to help. Contact us for a free consultation and we will answer your questions or help you find the right lawyer for your situation.