Skip to main content

Permanent Total Disability (PTD)

Seated female lawyer and male lawyer reading documents together
Getting Paid

SSI vs. SSDI: What’s the Difference?

In the United States, several federal programs provide benefits and financial assistance to persons with disabilities or employees who have been permanently injured at work and can no longer perform

Read More »

I Have Received a Notice of Intention to Discontinue Benefits from the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Company—Now What Do I Do?

When the insurance company decides that they are going to stop paying you wage loss benefits they are required under the law to file what is called a Notice of Intent to Discontinue Benefits or NOID. The form you receive provides various instructions on how to request a conference concerning your benefits. Typically, you have a very short window, sometimes 12 days, in order to request a conference. You want to make sure that you request a conference as the conference will provide you with an opportunity to dispute and contest the stopping of your wage loss benefits.

Read More »