Skip to main content

Can I vacate or reopen my workers' compensation case after settling?

Most settlements in workers’ compensation cases are final. However, there may be situations where circumstances have changed since the settlement. Fortunately, the Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Law does allow for an injured employee to re-open, set aside, or vacate a prior agreement under limited circumstances. The primary purpose of allowing a vacation of an award is to assure compensation proportionate to the degree and duration of disability. In order to vacate a Stipulation a Petition to Vacate to Set Aside an Award be filed with the Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Court of Appeals.

Click here for more on reopening your workers compensation case.